Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Ex's Series

It has been way too long since I have posted. I have created way too many series of work since that time. Therefore I am sharing with you one of the latest series I painted back during Sep - Nov 2014. This series is about ex-partners and the memories that we hold of these people who have come to pass. The idea came from my own experiences with heart-break. Perhaps this series was a  way for me to clear my head & make sense of the loss.

I want to explain a bit of the symbology that I have placed in the paintings so as to clarify any doubts or questions. First, I describe the red lines through the women´s eyes, which signify that with some ex-partners, the pain becomes unbearable to see the sight of them. As a result there is a a distancing process that happens and the crossing out of the eyes is the way to create that distance & ambiguity. Secondly, the rosy cheeks signify that these were once happy moments with these ex-partners and yet, the dripping signifies that those moments are changing. Lastly, the models that I chose to paint are actually vintage models. Therefore the idea of vintage signifies that these moments were also vintage which are captured in your mind and are forever changing.
I hope you enjoy this series as much as I did.



















No comments:

Post a Comment